The mission of CNSH is to provide the youth and the adjacent catchment’s area with the opportunity to participate in the pursuit of excellence in hockey by developing, encouraging and maximizing inclusive assisted hockey programs for developmentally delayed individuals while protecting and supporting existing members.
The aims and objectives are as follows:
- to promote, encourage, and assist hockey programs for developmentally delayed individuals while protecting and supporting existing members;
- to facilitate an annual tournament or tournaments involving member clubs/teams;
- to assist member clubs in establishing rules of play and code of conduct;
- to promote and encourage affiliation, association or partnership with Hockey Canada who is a member of the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) to enable participation in SHI tournaments;
- to discourage and reject the formation of new special hockey programs in the same vicinity as existing member teams without the consent of the nearby existing teams.
- to invest the moneys of CNSH not immediately required in such manner as may, from time to time, be determined; and
- to do all such other lawful things as may be incidental or may be deemed to be conducive to the attainment of these objects, or any of them.